Friday, March 24, 2017
1. Eleven years of discrimination is too many; marriage is a civil right.
2. The US and Ireland have joined another 19 countries to have extended marriage rights to all; Australia lags behind.
3. Politicians must be pressured to support public sentiment and vote "yes" to the Private Members Bill for marriage equality this August.
4. Send a strong message to Abbott: stop standing in the way of equality.
5. Show anti-LGBTI groups that public opinion favours equality over discrimination.
1PM, SATURDAY 15 AUGUST, VICTORIAN STATE LIBRARY